Boston, United States
4 months ago
This individual will execute business development activities that support Ironwood’s overall strategy/objectives. This individual will help coordinate the identification, assessment, and execution of new opportunities that fit within Ironwood’s business goals, including in-licensing, out-licensing, co-development, co-promotion, product acquisitions, strategic partnerships, and M&A. This individual will work with leadership to develop deal terms for each opportunity and take the lead in the required negotiation strategies/tactics.
- Work with corporate development leadership to identify potential partnership/business opportunities to advance Ironwood’s corporate strategy.
- Lead internal initiatives to leverage existing networks and relationships of key Ironwood personnel to identify potential asset acquisition opportunities.
- Perform complex analyses to identify future business opportunities and assess evolving market, R&D/competitive landscape and new technologies to make recommendations on potential business opportunities.
- Coordinate with team of internal and external experts to evaluate business opportunities against Ironwood’s core strategy/goals. This team will include in-house and external scientific, medical, regulatory, manufacturing, commercial, sales, finance, legal, compliance and IP experts
- Help ensure the completion of and synthesize required medical/market/financial/legal/other assessments to inform all business development decisions and support communications with key stakeholders
- Develop initial negotiating strategies for new ventures aligned with company strategies/operations; examining risks and potentials; and estimating partners' needs and goals
- Accountable for development of optimal deal structures and financial considerations for proposed business deals.
- Ensure that all contracts and alliances are negotiated and executed according to plan and in compliance with all applicable policies and regulations.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Typically requires 10+ years of experience in business development, alliance management, commercial and/or drug development within the pharma/biotech industry which may include investment banking and M&A deal consulting firms. MBA or advanced science degree preferred. Comparable combinations of education and experience will be considered.
- Seeking this experience to include 3+ years of experience in business development with a strong track record of developing and executing BD deals.
- Experience on buy side preferred. Please provide deal sheet.
- Demonstrated licensing/acquisitions expertise in the pharma/biotech sector required.
- Previous experience in business intelligence, new product commercialization and or business development desired.
- A minimum of a BA/BS with a major in business, finance or sciences required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in fast-paced environment.
- A self-starter with the ability to develop and execute work-plans with minimal guidance.
- Ability to collaborate, influence and work with others in a dynamic, matrixed environment.
- Must demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills with various levels of management and external stakeholders.
- Willingness to travel to various meetings or potential partner sites, including overnight trips (<20%)